Friday, November 21, 2014

Jesse Tree: My Ornaments, Days 1-12

These are the ornaments for our Jesse Tree in the order that they are added to the tree along with the Scriptures we will use.  I'll list my source for each ornament underneath the pictures.  If you are not familiar with a "Jesse Tree," it might be helpful for you to read this post explaining it along with some resource links.


Day 1: The tree



Dollar store; linen ribbon: Hobby Lobby


Day 2: Creation
(Genesis 1:1-5, 26-27)


I purchased this on Ebay, but I recently saw identical globes at JoAnn Fabrics.  Another option would be to buy a plain paper mache ornament and use mod podge to attach a map that you cut up.


Day 3: Fall of Man
(Genesis 3:6-9)


I snipped this off a floral pick I got at Michael's.


Day 4:  Noah - The Promise
(Genesis 6:5-8)


I had a hard time finding what I wanted.  Apparently, no one has marketed
a realistic ark and I'm pretty picky about not using a cartoonish image of one, so
I scanned a picture out of my kids' Bible storybook and had it printed as a photo.
  I attached it to a blank wooden ornament in the craft section from Hobby Lobby.



Day 5: Abraham - The Call
(Genesis 12:1-4, 7)


Purchased through Christian Book Distributer


Day 6: Isaac - The Offering
(Genesis 22:1-2, 6, 11-14)


I found this on Ebay.


Day 7: Jacob - Assurance of the Promise
(Genesis 28: 12-16)


I picked this up in the minature/dollhouse accessories section at Michael's.


Day 8: Joseph - God's Providence
(Genesis 37:3-4, 50:15-17, 19-20)


I made this out of felt.  I will not be giving up my day job for a sewing career!
I am going to find some fabric and have my mom's friend whip up another.


Day 9: Moses - God's Leadership


This is just a stick we got outside that we whittled the bark off of.


Day 10:  Passover & Exodus



I ordered this on Ebay but you can also find it here in various sizes and colors.


Day 11:  The 10 Commandments
(Deut. 5 or Exodus 20)


I purchased two flat pieces of wood at Michael's, shaped and sanded them, and then used mod podge to glue  on a simple summary of the 10 Commandments that I printed out on scrapbook paper that looked like stone.


Day 12:  Fall of Jericho
(Joshua 2:1, 8-9, 12-13, 17-18)

{our wall fell apart the day I was taking pictures; 
I'll get a photo up soon.}

I found a long wooden piece that I sawed down to the size I wanted at Michael's in the wood section. It already had a hanger attached.  I used sheets of "stone" that are out for the Christmas villages for the wall and then attached a tiny shofar I bought on ebay with red embroidery thread to represent Rahab's scarlet thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment