Friday, November 21, 2014

Christmas Media for Kids Focusing on Biblical Themes

Click on the image to go to the link with more information and/or purchasing information.

My kids love all of the Hermie and Friends videos.  I think the messages in each movie are clear; in fact, Flo the Lying Fly was helpful when one of our kids decided to try deceit out as a preschooler.  My all-time favorite Hermie video, though, is the Christmas one: A Fruitcake Christmas.  There are a lot of allusions to other classic holiday favorites woven into the storyline.



I read this book to my kids this past fall and they laughed themselves silly!  There are a lot of great talking points, and I'm anxious to show them the movie version on a popcorn/movie night during December!



Little needs to be said about Charlie Brown- it's a classic.



I think my husband's grandma gave this video to our oldest one year.  If you have younger children sensitive to scary parts, there is one scene where the lamb faces a predator in the middle of the night.  All ends well, but it is a bit menacing.  Other than that, it's a cute movie.



We also have the book in our holiday basket; the illustrations are very pretty.


We have all four of Liz Curtis Higgs' books in her parable series; there is one for each season.  When the children were preschoolers, we read the Pumpkin Patch Parable while we carved our pumpkin.  Liz uses a farmer and his family to share the gospel story in each volume; there is a corresponding Bible verse on each page.



I'll try to add others that we own soon, but please do share any other titles you may know of in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment